- NBC Universal
- $205,500.00 -205,500.00/year*
21 Warren St
The Controller will serve as an integral business partner in the operational accounting aspects of the Direct to Consumer & Digital Enterprises division. The Controller reports to the CFO of the division.
This role partners with VP's of FP&A and Operational/Strategic Finance counterparts on all operational accounting processes, monthly and quarterly close coordination, reporting and the assessment and validation of internal control activities. Will be responsible during build and launch phase for establishment of financial infrastructure, coordination with Technical DTC build team, Ad Sales Operations, Strategic partnerships etc. to ensure operational viability of all
Will also act as a conduit for corporate accounting initiatives and aid in the development of global processes and standardization of policies. The role is also an additional key point of contact between the business unit and corporate controllership, (NBCU and Comcast)
Essential Responsibilities - Here's what you'll do in this role:
* Own all technical accounting and controllership aspects of launch of DTC product
* Ensure accounting in is line with existing GAAP standards and establish new internal policies as necessary.
* Participate in monthly/quarterly closing processes to ensure accuracy and timeliness with a focus on improving the balance sheet focus and related analyses
* Assess control environment through review of control activities; identify and focus on improvement opportunities in key, high risk areas
* Act as dedicated accounting resource and advisor to business unit CFO
* Work with fellow Group Controllers and business unit Controllers to determine and implement best practices across the organization
* Support business unit accounting teams with internal and external auditor engagements and assist with addressing audit findings
* Minimum 10 years relevant accounting/controller senior
management experience with a track record of managing
* Direct experience working in a complex, large scale
accounting and finance environment
* Demonstrated background and knowledge of US GAAP
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
* CPA required
* Strong communicator able to build consensus and drive
results through collaboration, influence, and persuasion
* Proven business partner with the ability to lead change and
counsel effectively across business divisions
* Big 4 Accounting firm experience
* SAP experience preferred
* Relevant media or cable industry experience preferred
Associated topics: accounting, director finance, equity trading, expense, finance director, financial controller, financial planning, fiscal, kpmg, risk
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...