We are North America's leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. In fact, over 65% of our managerial positions are filled by internal candidates.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is in need of part time Prior Law Enforcement and/or Corrections to protect a Healthcare Facility, located in Queens, NY
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
Retired PD and/or Corrections
* Unexipred Weapons Carry Permit * Must have NYS Armed guard card if retired for more than 10 years if not will assist * Must have possession of personal weapon
The Professional Security Officer is the heart of Allied Universal Services. Our officers allow us to accomplish our company's core purpose which is \"to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities\". They are responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect. The armed security officer is a deterrent to criminal activity by remaining visible and presenting a neat and professional appearance in properly worn uniform and associated equipment.
The Armed Security Officer may be asked to perform many essential functions at the facility where they work, although not an exhaustive list, these are a few of them:
* Ensures the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property * Maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons * Preserves order and acts to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises * Builds, improves and maintains effective relationships with both client employees and guests * Greets guests and employees in a cheerful and welcoming manner * Answers questions and assists guests and employees * Patrols the facility on foot or in a vehicle * Answers phones * Monitors closed circuit television systems and alarms * Reports safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing * Handles security issues or emergency situations appropriately * Fully embraces security/safety training programs to enhance their ability to advance in their careers * Participates in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained officers at their sites * Meets and continues to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Armed Security Officers and specific protective device and weapons qualifications * Works in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and awareness of personal safety and safety of others * Maintains awareness and familiarity with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders
Qualified applicants for the Armed Professional Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required * At least 21 years of age * Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines * Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills * Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions * Valid Guard License and Armed Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying * As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test * As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty * Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills * Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations * Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites * Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard; * Neat and professional appearance * Ability to provide quality customer service * Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently * Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones * Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Physical and Mental Functions:
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet) * Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift * Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties * Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds * Run as needed * Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks * Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination * Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat; * Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Associated topics: countermeasure, explosive detection, loss prevention, metal detection, monitor, patrol officer, public safety, safety report, surveillance, university
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.